- About Us
- Donor Center
Mission, Vision, Values
- Atira Women’s Resource Society is dedicated to supporting women and children affected by violence by offering safe and supportive housing and by delivering education and advocacy aimed at ending all forms of gendered violence
- A world free of inequalities, where everyone’s human rights are respected and where women and girls have the right to participate fully and effectively in all of the decisions that affect their lives.
- Inclusive Feminism:Our work is informed by our understanding that women’s experience of oppressive institutions (sexism, racism, colonialism, classism, heterosexism, ableism, transphobia, xenophobia and other identity markers) are interconnected and cannot be examined separately from one another.
- Women-Centred: Our work is informed by our understanding that in addition to providing safety and respect, all of our programs must invite and encourage women’s collaboration and that women must have the opportunity to be active participants in all of our services.
- Harm Reduction:Our work is informed by our understanding that women’s experiences of gender-based violence is central to their use of substances and that understanding the intersections between women’s experience of violence, poverty, racism, gendered patterns of drug use/harms, and lack of support for mothering, are critical to developing programs that are seamless and which increase opportunities for women to keep themselves and their children safe.
- Innovation: Our work is informed by our understanding that the women who access our services and our staff are our greatest asset and so we encourage individuality, creativity, leadership, transparency and accountability