- About Us
- Donor Center
Atira’s Imagine Award
Imagine a World Where All Women are Safe
Goal of Atira’s Imagine Award
In line with Atira’s mission, the Atira’s Imagine Award is derived from Atira’s fundraising efforts to support advocacy and activism by individuals and organizations working to end violence against women around the world. The primary aim of the Award is to empower recipients in their work by providing the training and ongoing support they need to deliver services, influence policy and increase awareness about the impacts of men’s violence against women and their children.
While Atira has been in operation since 1983, the Award represents the Society’s first endeavour to positively affect women and their children in other parts of the world. Atira’s Imagine Award will make $10,000 available to a women’s anti-violence organization in the developing world.
Finalists will show that the organization has a strong background and the capacity to create change and have an impact in the ongoing struggle to end violence against women and their children.
- Nominations must come from companies / organizations/ people in B.C.’s Lower Mainland
- Nominees must be national, regional or local organization based in countries of the developing world (Latin America, Africa, Middle East or Asia)
- Nominees must have women and their children as their primary focus and be engaged in some form of anti-violence work
- Nominees that are run and staffed by women will be prioritized
- Nominees do not have to have charitable status
Use of Award Funds
The Organization may use funds where they are most needed with a focus on building organizational capacity.
Nominations must be received by close of business on May 2nd, 2011.
Atira’s Awards Committee will choose eight finalists by May 6th, 2011. Nominators and Organizations will be notified and invited to submit a full application on May 9th, 2011.
Inquiries and Submission
Nominations and questions or comments should be directed to Caithlin Scarpelli at email@example.com